Brand Park Memory Garden
It’s easy to see this rose garden through this rose colored glasses when standing by the statue of a small Indian boy happily held in the arms of Father Serra, founder of New Spain’s mission chain. Before the garden became a memory, this park was part of the original land grant of the San Fernando Mission. It was given to the city in 1920.
Posted on October 26, 2011, in Mission Hills and tagged Brand Park, Brand Park Memory Garden, Father Junipero Serra, gardens, Mission Hills, Roses, San Fernando Mission. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.